This recipe is for about 1Kg of white bread. Once you have some experience with the procedure, you can experiment with other flours and procedures as well. The important thing in my experience is to know about your oven, in order to use it properly for an amazing home-made bread experience 🙂
Activate the yeast
- 600ml of water at 25 Celsius degrees
- 12.5g fresh yeast (break it in small pieces)
- one teaspoon of white sugar
- one teaspoon of white wheat flour
Stir well and let the mixture rest for about 20 minutes: when you see a thin layer of foam on top of the water the yeast is activated. If the foam doesn’t form, don’t worry: your yeast will be kicking out inside the flour on the next phase anyway.
Knead the dough
- 1Kg of white flour
- one teaspoon of salt
- one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- spices: a bit of rosemary or oregano and some sesame seeds (here you can experiment with lot of different combination of spices and seeds!). You can mix spices and seeds if you want: this will give more flavor to your bread.